This Privacy Statement applies to the website, NaturistDirectory.com, and sets out how we comply with European Union data protection requirements.
It explains how we collect, store, manage, process, and protect your personal information. It lets you know the types of information we might hold, how and where we’ll use it once it’s been collected and how we will keep it safe. We’ll always aim to be very clear when we ask you to share any information with us and won’t do anything with it that is unexpected.
Just to remind you, this Site is not intended for children, specifically anyone under the age of 18, so if you are under this age please do not use this website.
How We Collect Personal Information
We will collect information from you in several different ways. All of the information comes directly from you.
We will collect your personal information when:
- You enter your details on the ‘Contact us’ form
- You enter details for a venue listing (however these details may not be personal if you are using a company email address and location address)
- You request to join our mailing list
- You write a review or leave a comment – you need to leave an email address and this is not shown on the website, however you can enter a false name so you cannot be identified by other people looking at the website
- You pay for a featured listing or advert and you use your personal details on the invoice or in the PayPal transaction details
- You request to logon in order to change your preferences
What do we do with the information we gather?
- We will follow up by email to people who have requested us to do so
- We will follow up by email to people who have entered a new venue listing to let them know it is live and to give them details of how to logon and edit their listing
- We may periodically send promotional emails, to those who have a venue listing, about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may occasionally send out a newsletter, to everyone who has registered on our site, about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We keep your logon details in a database so that you can logon and change your preferences, or if you are a venue owner you can logon to edit your venue details
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
We only collect personal information that is essential to our operation as a business and which allows us to fulfil our obligations to our customers, provide good customer service; and to maintain our records and accounts.
Most of the information we collect is obtained directly from you and may include the following, depending on the nature of the correspondence:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Contact phone numbers(s)
- Billing address via PayPal or Invoice
- Transaction History
- Records of communications sent to you by us or received from you
Other website links on our site
How We Manage and Protect Personal Information
We will never share your personal information with any third parties for any purposes without your prior consent. We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information.
We protect all the personal information we collect. Our computer network is protected, and information given in our online accounts is encrypted.
To fulfil our contract with you it’s sometimes necessary for third party providers to have access to your data so that they can perform services on our behalf (for example, MasterCard/Visa/PayPal to process your payments or attendance requests. However we never pass this information on and instead have processes where you provide this information directly and explicitly to these third parties).
We’ll only keep information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We’ll never keep more information than we need.
If you ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications, we will; you can change your preferences at any time.
We may need to share personal information with:
- Service providers who work on our behalf for the fulfilment of a contract we enter into with you, for example processing card payments, mailing houses, website hosting or email delivery services. Anyone who provides a service on our behalf will enter into an agreement with us and will meet our data security standards. They will only use your data for the clearly defined service that they are providing.
- The police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
Some of the services on offer on our website use servers that are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that the personal information you provide could be transferred to countries outside the EEA, for example we may transfer your data to the USA via organisations such as GoDaddy, MailChimp or PayPal. If your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected as outlined here.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our site as no transmission over the internet is 100% secure; any transmission of your data to us is therefore at your own risk.
Every newsletter you get from us will include details about how to change your communications preferences and how to unsubscribe from future communications.
You have the right to ask us to amend or stop how we use your personal information. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to get the information we hold on you corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the above email address.
You have the right to be forgotten; if you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the above email address.
You can request details of personal information that we hold about you by contacting us and providing a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity.
It is easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you. You can do this via email at email@example.com
This notice was updated on the date provided at the top of this notice. It may be necessary to update it from time to time to reflect changes to our business operations or to legislation. Updates will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you directly of any changes.